Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rules, Hoooh, Good God, What Are They Good For?

Rules I hate:
1) Attendance Policies at Universities (I pay for the class, it should be up to me whether I go or not)
2) Don't Ask, Don't Tell
3) Married Soldiers get "Family Separation Pay" while deloyed, but single Soldiers don't (what, I don't have a family????)
4) "No dogs Allowed" at public places and most private ones
5) Contract time requirements for services such as cell phones, cable, and satellite to get a decent deal on the price

Rules I think should exist (some do, some need to):
1) Freedom of Speech
2) Rules to prevent private companies from firing employees for choices made and actions taken on personal time such as tobacco use, drinking, and religion. Many private companies have gotten away with some ridiculous crap.
3) Rules to make it easier/possible for single, worthy people to adopt children. Many states and countries still don't allow this.
4) Selection criteria for the armed forces (with the exception of #2 above).
5) Adjustment of drinking age and voting age to match again. If I am mature enough to fight and die for my country, and choose my leadership, why am I not mature enough to handle my liquor?

No comments:

Post a Comment