Monday, April 12, 2010

Addendum to who the hell I am

I did the assignment a little differently than presented by Beth... because of what I wrote about who I am, I decided to ask someone who knew me a little bit in high school, and now is very familiar with me. This really seemed to fit my project better. I did not prompt her in any way, only told her to describe me then and now. Here is her response:

A brief overview of Em:

Emily is one of the most interesting and amazing people I have ever met.

Who she was in high school:
Emily seemed to be very self-assured and confident. I was immediately impressed with her unique persona. She looked and dressed differently than anyone else I had ever met. Besides her incredible good looks, from my first conversation with her it was apparent she was also very intelligent. Possibly stemming from her status as an upper-classman, I was in awe of everything about her. She was a great color guard performer and seemed to be very good at everything she did. I sensed how caring she was, but also gathered some insecurities in conversations we had, but i think she masked those quite well to everyone else.

Who she is now:
Emily is still the beautiful and brilliant person she was 15 years ago. Now, however, she is even more intelligent and stunning. She cares for the environment and the protecting the interests of the weak and helpless. She has a great sense of humor (most of the time, haha) and loves to have fun, play jokes, and try new things.
She possesses a self-confidence now in who she is and what she wants to do. She tends to be a procrastinator, but can really buckle down to get things accomplished in a short amount of time.
She is also a very expressive person who tends to be very vocal with her emotions. She has VERY little tolerance for stupidity and incompetence. By very little, I mean virtually no tolerance. Unlike in high school, Emily's level of patience is now much lower. After her military service and PTSD, she is now quick to anger. She becomes angry because of others' actions and situations, as well as her near constant state of physical pain she experiences as a result of her military service. Emily greatly values her independence and mobility. She often experiences distress at losing a portion of these.

Additional words to describe Emily:
breathtaking, astonishing, fantastic, remarkable, clever, gifted, adept, imposing, authoritative, honest, trustworthy, commanding, dependable, reliable, faithful, responsible, patriotic, hardworking, conscientious, caring, sensitive, striking, faaaaaabulous

~Sarah Allison~

No comments:

Post a Comment